February 23, 2013

Anticipating Spring with New Recipes

I love to cook and to try out new recipes. Similar to traveling, I never want to repeat an experience- I yearn to feel/taste new things. We had some friends over last weekend so I whipped up FIVE new recipes found via Pinterest...


Pictured above is our lunch table (with my new hot pink linens from India!). In front is this quinoa recipe with spinach, garbanzo beans, avocados and tomatoes. I don't make quinoa often enough; it's so easy and can be combined with nearly anything.

Then we grilled Kitchen Meets Girl's honey lime skewers, which were really tasty although we overcooked them a little.

How Sweet It Is's whipped feta was yummy with grilled bread, although next time I'll make it with 50% feta and 50% cream cheese, rather than 30% feta, which I thought a bit too pungent.

It's blueberry season! Heather Christo's blueberry crostata fit the bill for dessert. I made a bit of a mess of it but it tasted really good.


Since getting Smitten Kitchen's new cookbook I have been working my way through it steadily. I made  the salted brown butter Rice Krispie treats on page 201. Immediately after I cut them I covered them and put them in a closet to try and stop myself from eating them all. When they were revealed they disappeared quickly and I only ended up with my Instagram prep photo and Michaelthinks' beer pairing photo!


The browned butter and salt take these traditional treats to ANOTHER LEVEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment