December 31, 2012

Grandma's Kahlua Cake

My husband's grandmother has a thousand yummy recipes. Years ago she compiled them, typed them up, and distributed binders to family members. I was a lucky recipient.

Many of the recipes date from the 1950's and 60's and use a lot of prepared and boxed foods. The recipes are decidedly un-organic, hardly 'natural', and have calorie counts that are not for the faint of heart. But they are delicious.

One of my favorite recipes is for Kahlua Cake. It's so easy. It's chocolate fudgey but the kahlua adds a depth of flavor that is hard to describe.

Kahlua Cake recipe. Bonus! Snicker Cake recipe too. 

The ingredients. Is German chocolate cake mix becoming hard to find?
Finished cake. Not a good photo, but it sure tasted great!

Never ice the cake- just a simple dusting of powdered sugar is all it needs. 

3 comments:

  1. I cannot BELIEVE you let that recipe out! You should hoard it selfishly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and by selfishly I mean for me only.

      Delete
    2. I was feeling generous in the New Year!! It sure is a delectable one... hard to find words to describe how unique it is.

      Delete