November 27, 2012

Wurstfest in New Braunfels, Texas

We recently went to Wurstfest - A "Ten Day Salute to Sausage"!


Beer, sausage, fried food, chicken dancing, accordians, carnival rides, grown men in short shorts. Wurstfest is an annual fundraising event held each November in New Braunfels, Texas, about an hour outside of Austin.

Prost! Noon. Fried pickles.

Mmmm.... sausage.

 Some of the delectable and decidedly unhealthy food we ate:

Sausage on a stick with a biscuit to catch the drippings.

Bewildered by grilled pork chop on stick, again with a biscuit to catch the drippings. So delicious. 

Fried onion.
Fried oreos - my favorite.

Potato pancake. Did not do the optional sausage topping.
Fried pickles. Fried sausage and cheddar balls.


A great day!



Dancing

Carnival rides.

The chicken dance.

Adorable kids.

Musics.

Did I mention beer?
Good times.




Want to make a trip of it? Find a New Braunfels house rental on Dwellable!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about New Braunfels to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete